Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chapter 1 "The Hurt"








September 20th 2000


 Scott, Tany, Johnson and Cintia all stood in silence.  Not knowing what to say.




Tany gave Cintia an apologetic look.  Cintia just shrugged she knew Tany was feeling bad already. Scott broke the silence, "I guess we should go see if, Jonny needs anything."  Tany who didn't know what to say, just nodded.  Cintia picked herself off the floor and started for the door.







Tany hesitated still staring at the screen.  Johnson put his arm around her.  She put her hand on his.  She looked up into his eyes.  Neither had to say it, but they were both singing in their heads, "Ding Dong the witch is dead."  Johnson held the door for Tany.  Scott and Cintia were already in the car.  Johnson helped Tany in and then got in himself.  Tears were starting to fill her eyes, not for her but for Jonny.  This was going to kill him.  She hoped that he would take it better than they were all thinking he would.  Scott started to drive.






"Jonny......Jonny man, I know you are there, talk to me."  Jonny sat there hearing Al, like he was in a tunnel.  He brought his hand to his mouth, he started to feel sick to his stomach.  He grabbed the phone. 







Forgetting about Jenny, he walked out in the bedroom.  Jenny who had heard the news sat there staring at him.  Jonny finally talked into the phone, "Yeh I am here."  "Ah Jonny, what do you need."  Jonny took a deep breath, trying not to cry.  His tongue went over his upper teeth and tears started to come.  Jenny jumped up and went to him.






"I-I need......."  "Jonny anything man, I will bring it to you."  "I need a hit, Al."  Jenny who had been just standing there said, "Jonny that wouldn't be the wisest choice right now."  Jonny turned to her, "DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT?"  Jenny shook her head.  "Jonny, come on there is no need for that.  I will over there in a few minutes, please don't do anything."  Jonny walked over to the bed and he slumped down.  Jenny followed suit.  Jonny laid on Jenny's lap and just started to cry.  He never really stopped loving her.  He had saw her about four months ago and she looked really good.  It hurt to see her but this was hurting more, because he knew he would never see her again.






 Tany and Scott made it to the elevator first.  Actually Tany sprinted.  Johnson and Cintia were following close behind.  They went up the elevator to Jonny's floor.  When the elevator door opened, Tany was getting ready to leave, Scott grabbed her arm.  "I think maybe you should let me talk."  Scott nodded.  "Scott that is my brother and I..."  Scott cupped her face and kissed her.  She shrugged, sighed and swallowed, "Fine, but."  "No Buts."  Johnson agreed with Scott.  "Ok, Fine."  "Thank you."







 They walked to Jonny's door and Scott rang the doorbell.  Beth answered it, Tany was glad that her other brother was there.  Tany couldn't see Jonny, he was sitting on his couch.  Johnson and Al were in the way.  Biff had come just minutes before.  He walked over to Tany and put his arm around her.  She smiled up at him, then she was able to see Jonny.







 His eyes were really red and his face was swollen a bit.  She wanted to cry, she did not want to see him like this.  Jonny looked up and gave her a half smile.  She went over to him and sat down, ignoring what Scott had told her earlier, "Jonny are you OK?"  A hush crawled over the room, like a small waterfall running into the creak bed.  Tany felt this was a little inappropriate and so did Jonny.  Actually that pissed him off, "What? Judas Priest can't she ask me how I am feeling?"  Al just shook his head and Tany looked down to the floor, not because she said something wrong, but because they all thought they were going to fight.  Jonny lifted her face up, "Mouth, I don't know yet.  I just got off the phone with Cheryl's Aunt and she told me the funeral will be on Friday and that I am welcome to go."





 "Oh, Jonny I am so sorry," Tany said hugging her brother.  This touched him, besides Beth and Jenny, she was the only one to give him condolences.  He hugged her back and it felt good to hug her.




Several Days later.................


The funeral was basic. There wasn't much to it.  Cheryl's head had been severed so there was a closed casket.  Cheryl's mother had asked if Al would be a casket bearer.  He obliged.  They were all waiting outside the cemetery.  Jonny was saying his last goodbye.  No matter what, she was his first love.  He looked up from her grave and saw Jenny waiting patiently for him.  Jonny knew that Cheryl wasn't going to be his last. 







Here is a little Video about Cheryl, I know DJ will like it.




Dream on Dreamers!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Poor Johnny...Cheryl was a horrible person but still death is hard to accept for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think this may take him over the edge.

    Thanks for reading, Aeon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It ate my comment I think.
    I am sure Johnny will be fine. It's nice he remembered the good. It's very good that he did not actually go for drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hope you are right, Zhip. When My mother passed away, I wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there. Luckily for me, I have a great sister who was there with me. I don't know if Tany will be there for Jonny. I guess we will see.

    Thanks for Reading Zhip.

    ReplyDelete